Thursday, August 21, 2008

Psychology Online

I came across this page at PsychCentral today.  It includes a list of the 'Top Ten Online Psychology Experiments.'  It's a dream of mine to develop a line of research in which participants could be recruited from around the world, but I haven't yet figured out what I might explore using the internet.  Anyway, check out my favourite site on this list, FaceResearch.org.  I recently learned that I might be able to recruit a patient with acquired prosopagnosia, which is the inability to recognise familiar faces.  A little over 100 hundred such patients have been identified in the world, so I am planning an experiment with this patient that might reveal more about how we emotionally process faces.  FaceResearch.org has plenty of interesting stimuli that I might use.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should talk to Jason T about this website. He knows the person who set it up (I think he studied with her).