Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween Zombie


 Originally uploaded by WilWheaton
Happy Halloween to anyone out there who still gets to enjoy it! Here in Australia there is nary a mention of something I get very nostalgic about. I asked our friend's daughter, who is in primary school, about Halloween the other day. She knew what it was, "but," she said, "we don't celebrate it at school because it's an 'American' thing."   Chalk up yet one more failure of U.S. diplomacy! For a more absorbing analysis of another American's experience of October 31 in Oz, please read Audra's entry.

This picture comes from one of my favourite bloggers, Wil Wheaton. If you know anything about "Star Trek: The Next Generation," you know who he is. He has become an excellent writer, and his blog is a great gathering place for geeks far and wide. (Yes, believe it or not, I am a geek).

1 comment:

Mooselet said...

I watch the early TNG episodes and damn does Wil Wheaton look young... and very geeky. I have to admit I never liked Wesley very much. I'm more of a Picard type of girl.

Happy Halloween!